Zirconium is a recently emerged material that has revolutionized dentistry. Because of its exceptional qualities, it can be utilized for various purposes.
- Zirconia is extremely durable and tough. It’s basically the strongest material used in dentistry to this point.
- Because it is a white ceramic with very good translucency features, zirconium restorations are highly aesthetic because they do not contain any metal in their structure.
- The zirconia core structure can be layered with aesthetic porcelain to create the final color and shape of the tooth.
- Similar to gold, it is very well tolerated by the body, has no allergic effects and, because it is not a metal, it never corrodes.
- Because they are executed by computer systems, zirconium-based prostheses are highly precise.
- Unfortunately, it is still extremely expensive. Both the material itself and the necessary processing equipment lead to a high final cost.
Zirconium Crowns, Zirconium crowns became popular among dental clinics for their versatility. Zirconia arrives as a block to clinics. A special cutting machine is then used to mill it in the shape of teeth. In the end, it becomes the zirconium crowns we know.
Zirconia is so tough of a material that it has raised some concerns. The material can chip away the neighbouring teeth through sheer friction. Yet, regular check-ups help mitigate the potential impact.
Once placed, the cap is almost indestructible. The same is not true about the tooth underneath it though. Abrasion by the zirconia crown can affect the tooth in which it is resting. This accelerates its decay by chipping it away. Due to its durability, it will only be noticeable if the zirconia crown is ever removed.
Here are some of the results
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell that is custom-made to fit on the tooth.
Benefits of porcelain veneers:
- they are strong and long-lasting
- they have a natural-looking surface
- less tooth enamel needs to be removed than with a crown or cap
- they don’t stain easily
Zirconia, or Zirconium, is a chemical element of ceramic nature. It is known for its toughness and durability. Hence, crowns are mostly made of zirconia.
Due to its malleability, it needs very few sessions to shape it. Thus, one or two dental appointments is what it takes to fit it in the patient.
Zirconia crowns match up the colour of the teeth very well. Furthermore, they have long lifespans and surpassing porcelains. The material is also 100% biocompatible since it has no allergies result.
Our country is a recognized destination for international patients looking to get their dental procedures done.
As a result, Turkey always stays up to date with the latest trends, including zirconia crowns. In this sense, we offer zirconia crowns as our most durable crown option.
Stellar training provided to our orthodontists and prosthodontists at a national level. That’s why, a large pool of local and international talent along with affordable prices.
On the other hand, the prices are quite reasonable, in comparison to the international market. As a result of these factors, Turkey remains a top destination for dental procedures.